Culture and propaganda work, including mass agitation and education
Editor’s note: This article by Juliet de Lima, “On the Imperialist Cultural Offensive,” was first delivered as her keynote for the Commission 14 Workshop of the Fifth International Assembly of the International League of Peoples’ Struggle (ILPS) on November 14, 2015.
Editor’s note: This message of solidarity, dated 10 Nov 2015, was sent by Prof. Jose Ma. Sison, Chairperson of the International League of Peoples’ Struggle, to the organizers and participants of the 2nd AGITPROP International Film Festival on Peoples’ Struggles. The original post is accessible on the josemariasison.org website.
UTRECHT, The Netherlands—“Revolutionary forces should have a very positive attitude about the Internet as a powerful vehicle for mobilizing the masses,” Jose Ma. Sison said in a talk before fellow activists at a symposium on anti-imperialist organizing and propaganda held here on February 17.
Sison, chairperson of the International League of People’s Struggle (ILPS) and founding chairman of the Communist Party of the Philippines, compared today’s Internet with the railways a century ago. “The capitalists built and operated the railways to earn huge profits and to open up new frontiers for their businesses, that’s a given,” he noted.
But capitalists could not prevent determined revolutionaries, like Lenin’s Bolsheviks, from using the same railways “to transport the underground newspaper Iskra so it could reach thousands of workers.” Today’s revolutionaries should also maximize the Internet in the same way to mobilize the masses, Sison said. “There are always ways to go around restrictions,” he added. Read more
- Speech by Revolutionaire Eenheid activist at ORCC AmsterdamOctober 10, 2017 - 11:30 am
- October Revolution Centennial Declaration issuedOctober 8, 2017 - 5:27 pm
- Official communique of the ORCC Amsterdam conferenceOctober 7, 2017 - 8:19 pm
- Revolutionaries, activists raise clenched fists together in Amsterdam conference on the October RevolutionOctober 5, 2017 - 11:13 am
- Proposed program, Europe-wide People’s Conference on the October RevolutionSeptember 8, 2017 - 10:55 am
- Climate and environment
- Culture and ideology
- Culture and propaganda
- East Asia
- Events calendar
- Frontpage Article
- Geopolitics and the state
- Global capitalism
- Global economy
- Middle East
- Military affairs
- News and articles
- North America
- October Revolution Centennial
- Other social sectors
- Papers and monographs
- Russia and Central Asia
- Social issues
- Socialist theory
- The movement
- The world
- Working class