Jose Maria Sison presented the paper Requisites for Building the Socialist Future for the Inception Workshop of the People’s Resource for International Solidarity and Mass Mobilization (PRISM) in Utrecht, The Netherlands on November 14, 2014. In the paper, Prof. Sison outlines five general requisites for building the socialist future.
- First, learn from the historical experience of the revolutionary proletariat in building socialism in the 20th century.
- Second, grasp the potential for socialist revolution in various countries in the current
- Third, build the subjective forces of the revolution, such as the revolutionary
party of the proletariat, the mass organizations, effective alliances, the people’s army or self-defense units, and the organs of political power.
- Fourth, carry out the various forms of revolutionary struggle to overthrow the class dictatorship of the bourgeoisie.
- Fifth, build the socialist state of the proletariat on the basis of a broad people’s alliance, and engage in continuous socialist revolution in the political, socio-economic and cultural fields.
Prof. Sison is Founding Chairman of the Communist Party of the Philippines and Chairperson of the International League of Peoples’ Struggle.
The 11-page paper Requisites for Building the Socialist Future is posted here for public download in PDF format (8.5″ x 11″): Requisites for Building the Socialist Future – final